Table of Contents
Introduction about prevention of tuberculosis
Tuberculosis is a disease caused by ‘bacterium tuberculi’ and here we will see in detail about 5 Easy Ways To Prevent The Infection Tuberculosis which primarily cause lungs infection and creates difficulty while breathing. In this article we will learn the best possible preventions to avoid the symptoms and disease outbreak to other organs.
Tuberculosis is spread through the air , when any infected persons coughs or sneezes in open air and bacteria enters into the body of the person who inhales that air which have bacteria. This will cause the infection in the lung of the person and the symptoms will start appearing.
5 Easy Ways To Prevent The Infection Tuberculosis
Any prevention is not full proof proved to be effective for the TB, but one can follow these in order to decrease their chance of getting this bacterial infection. The best 5 prevention practices are given below, which can help you to prevent the infection to some extent :
- Screening and early detection : It is the first prevention practice in order to prevent the TB infection in your body. Timely screening is very important, specially in the healthcare settings where healthcare workers are more prone to this disease.
- Treating Latent TB : Latent TB, as we explained above is the inactive phase of this disease, which when enters to the body, no symptoms will be visible. But when your body will be immunosuppressed, this bacteria can come to its active phase and the infection will spread in the body.
- Vaccination : Vaccination is very important part of the prevention, although all types of TB are not prevented by this method but for some of the types of TB, it will work, specially in childrens. BCG (Bacillus Calmette-Guerin) is a vaccine for younger childrens which protects them from some of the variants of tuberculosis. Check your local regional healthcare centre for more information about this vaccine.
- Infection spread measures : This infection is spread by mycobacterium tuberculosis, which is in air and any person inhales that. Or, when any infected person coughs and bacteria is inhaled by any other person, specially in hospitals. Always wear mask in such places and avoid being at these types of places without any work.
- Lifestyly and Nutrition : Maintaining a healthy lifestyle with good sleep and adequate rest is very important to avoid these types of infections. These infections including TB , comes over when immune is suppressed or if the person have any immunosuppressed condition like HIV. You need to seek for the medical emergency if found any syptoms of tuberculosis.
Tuberculosis is a condition of infection caused by mycobacterium tuberculosis, which spreads from lungs and can outbreak to other organs of the body. You can check out symptoms, if they match then rush to hospital immedietly and ask for medical help. 5 major prevention practices are mentioned above which you can follow to decrease your chance of getting the infection.